If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak, or are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance:
- Please call the free British Gas Emergency number on 0800 111 999
- Only make a call for help once outside.
- If you don’t have a mobile phone, ask to use a neighbours phone, rather than calling from your indoor landline.
- If in doubt about a gas leak in your home do not switch on any electrical device – including lights - and evacuate everyone to a safe place outside.
- Keep the contact details for your council, housing association, gas provider – or Gaswise – where you can find them in a hurry. Take a look at the Contacts List on this website, too, so you can quickly reach our call centre.
|British Gas Emergency||0800 111 999|
|Gaswise Services Ltd||01553 769404|
|Freebridge Community Housing (Emergency)||03332 404444|
|South Holland District Council (Office Hours)||01775 761161|
|South Holland District Council (Out of Hours)||01522 782235|